Monday, January 16, 2012

Hannah Michelles' Dump Chili


Dump Chili


I thought it was appropriate to name my chili "Dump Chili" because, well, I really just dump a bunch of yummy ingredients into a big pot! (:

Ingredients: 
1 tbs. olive oil 
1 package of ground turkey meat (or beef)
1 large yellow onion- chopped
4 cloves of garlic- minced
36 oz. canned chopped tomatoes 
1 1/2 heaping spoonfuls of chili powder
1 spoonful unsweetened cocoa powder (for color, I promise it won't taste like chocolate!)
A few dashes of Cumin 
1 small can green chilies 
1 medium jar of your favorite salsa ( I would not suggest using any kind of salsa with fruit such as pineapple or mango.)
2 cans of black beans (or any beans of your choice)


1. Heat your large pot to medium high and add olive oil. Then add chopped onion, minced garlic and your ground meat. Cook until the meat is done. 
2. Start dumping! Combine all of the ingredients that are left on the list, adjusting the dry ingredients to taste. Stick a lid on it and let simmer for about 20-30 minutes, stirring every once in awhile.
4. Serve! I like to sprinkle cheese on top of mine. 

Hope you all enjoy this recipe! (: 
Let me know what you think by commenting below! 

X0X0- Hannah Michelle 






No comments: