Tuesday, January 11, 2011

When Life Hands You Lemons...

When life hands you lemons, sometimes things can get sour...

This morning I was woken up by the booming sound of my cell phone disturbing my sweet dreams filled with walking Times Square and strolling 5th Avenue. The vigorous ringing lit up the screen with the name "Mom." I wasn't expecting the news, but she proceeded to tell me that due to the intense snow conditions, our trip to New York and Nashville would be delayed two weeks.

After I had heard the gloomy news, I continued to lay in my room thoroughly disappointed just staring at the ceiling. It felt like as if the dentist were to have just called and told me that my mouth was filled with cavities and I was never allowed to eat candy or dessert ever again. Furthermore, It was immensely disappointing.


Have you ever had a day where you just feel like everything is going wrong? I know I have. But what always makes me feel better is reminding myself that everything happens for a reason and that you have to make it through the rain before you can finally get to the rainbow. Sure, life can be a drama but when life hands out lemons, wether they are sour or not, it is up to us to decide what we are going to make out of them.

I couldn't be happier to now be flying to New York City, for the first time, on my birthday in two weeks! What now sour lemons... I just made you into a sweet lemon tart! ;)

xo

-Hannah

1 comment:

Unknown said...

omg love love love!!

<3 Ashlie